Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snow Days

Friday ended up being our first snow day this year. Needless to say, the kids were thrilled!It was nice to just hang out and not do the usual daily before school drill. Finally took a pic of my Loopy Swap loot from my pal LaLa. Here it is...She knit me Evangeline Mitts and Koolhaus Hat from DIC Classy. Very soft and pretty. The yarn you see is her own hand-dyed in a colorway I've been eyeballing on her blog - lucky me!

Next, my finished Urban GypZ toe up socks. I really liked the color of the yarn, but it felt a little on the heavy side. Though these were originally made for me, I believe they will end up with my sister Jessie, as they are a touch loose on me, and she is Big Foot (ha! ha! Jessie).On the knitting front for me, I've turned both heels on Courtney's socks and should finish by the end of the week. The yarn is Plymouth Happy Feet in an orange/purple colorway. Weather was too crappy to take outside for pics.Also, working on a sweater I started months ago, as well as some baby hats to be donated.


I have to say, I am really enjoying the yarn I am using for these baby hats. It is Bernat Softee Baby. It is really soft, not your typical acrylic. The colors are great too. Will take pics of all the hats before they are sent off.

Future knitting? Well....... I got my insane Vintage Socks kit the other day. Can you say 32 page pattern? I will definitely be talking to myself in public if I actually make it through these. That being said, I am excited about the final product and believe the intended recipient is going to really appreciate them. I was very happy with the colors chosen as well.

I was contacted by my Valentine Swap partner, and my package is supposed to be mailed out soon. Will post pics once it is received. Off to knit some baby hats!

No comments: