Sunday, February 3, 2008

Feeling Blue....

Okay, so I'm not blue as in down in the dumps, but blue as in LOOK AT ALL OF THIS BLUE YARN!!!!!!
These are pics from the last two days washings. They are two ply and are blue denim and faded blue denim. Aren't they purty? I am almost done washing the skeins I have, and then it's on to plying the smelly cones. I have no idea how long that is going to take. Jean has decided they need to be 2 ply, so who knows. I did purchase a swift and winder online today, so I won't have to travel to Jean's to do that portion now. Can't wait to see what we end up with. Jean has suggested I select sweater patterns for the girls from these books:
I think that is what I will do. That will put a small dent in the yarn. Speaking of yarn, I went to the Superbowl Sale at my new favorite yarn store, Woolbearers, today. I went planning on buying woolwash and needles only, but you know how that goes.
Some sock yarn managed to jump into my basket as well. The women who run that shop are so nice, and the atmosphere in there is terrific. I bought some Dale of Norway Baby Ull for some fair isle socks I'm planning on making from the Socks! Socks! Socks! book, handpainted merino/tencel sock yarn (stash was lacking in this color, it was necessary), and a skein of Fortissima Socka in a color that called out to me. It sure is fun being a customer in a store, and not an employee. Of course, I am in need of finding some employment, and these purchases really shouldn't have happened, but I had a good time.

Next post will be my Valentine's Swap package. Gonna photo it tomorrow before I send it off to Michigan, woo hoo! Also finalizing my Loopy Swap package, but will not post it until I know it's been received (my partner now knows me on Ravelry, which can link to this, which would ruin the surprise - so... NO PIC FOR YOU!)

No comments: