Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oh Babies!

Today was my kind of day! I finally made it down to Salem County to meet with my knitting friends. Jean invited me to come down early to see some babies - she didn't need to tell me twice. Look what I have....Please ingnore the human having the very obvious bad hair day, and focus on the cute little lamby!

And you know what, they come in more than 1 color!This one really wanted to come home with me! It is impossible not to fall in love with these sweet little things. We made the rounds to three different farms - 1st Carol's , then Wendy's and finally Liz's. Carol is also known as "Pusher #2" (right behind Jean), and Wendy and Liz I got to meet for the first time today. They are so kind to let me come and visit. Here are some pics of babies and mamas.

Oh, and almost as good as holding them, Carol let me do this....
She also let me borrow her boots since I was, um, unprepared for the sheep pen (found out sneakers are the worst thing to wear around poopies).

After all my lamby fun, we were off to the coffee house to sit and knit the afternoon away. There were alot of laughs, knitting and spinning. What a great day, if only I could bottle it!

On the knitting front, I finally finished Becky's socks. Here's a crappy picture.
They will be on their way to AZ, where it is probably already too hot to wear the damn things (it's Hell I tell ya).
I received my terrific package from my Loopy Swap partner yesterday. As soon as the weather is not crappy, I will take it outside and take crappy pictures of it to post (there is a crappy theme with my pictures - my apologies). My Valentines Swap partner decided not to bother, but the others involved in the swap were quick to mobilize - the generosity of all those people is so touching. It really takes the sting out of a disappointing experience.
I also finished my Tomato Salad socks as well, so will post a crappy pic of those as well, once weather permits. Happy knitting!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

What cute baby sheep! I'm so glad you liked your package!