Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lots of Things

Okay, first I'll start with an actual finished item. A little background.... I have a friend Amy, and baking is to her what knitting is to me. I am fortunate enough to be her guinea pig for new recipes (it's a terrible job, but someone has to do it). Amy will supply me with her creations cleverly disguised in order to throw the family off (i.e. labeling chocolate brownies as "beans and broccoli"). Oh, I did I mention chocolate is her specialty - no wonder we are friends =)

Anyway, this was her latest disguise....
And this is what was inside!
And this, is how I ate it (yes, that is whipped cream!)In case you're wondering, it is one of those wonderful little chocolate cakes with the gooey warm center. I ate it all by myself with no witnesses present, so it did not count. Amy is the best!

Amy's Mom has been going through some chemo, so I made her this hat to keep her noggin warm.I used the Raleigh Hills pattern from Ravelry, with Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran (soft and yummy). The way I see it, I need to make Amy about 10 more hats for all the "testing" she has sent my way.

I also sent off my two swaps, and since both partners have already opened their packages, I can safely show them now. First, The Loopy Ewe swap....

A closer pic of the socks (Vine Lace from Socks Socks Socks with Claudia Handpaint in Citrus)
Next, the Valentine's Day Swap.....

Both partners enjoyed their packages, and I am now awaiting mine. I am waiting on those, as well as the Vintage Sock kit I ordered over 3 weeks ago. Check out http://www.tsocktsarina.com/sockkits/vintage.html to see what I'm talking about.... then we can talk about why I should be committed. Actually, those socks are going to make the most awesome gift for someone who has a big birthday coming up this year.

Hoping I get at least one package today, as I have just found out that the fuel pump on my truck is dead and am stuck home. I was supposed to meet with my knitting friends down in Salem County today, but alas, the truck had other plans. Oh well, I'll just knit here =) Happy knitting everyone (all two of you!).

1 comment:

Coggie said...

Hi :)
I am one of the receipiants of the swaps. I am so sorry you did not get your package ontime. You are such a spoiler of others , you deserve to be spoiled too.
I hope the fuel pump can be fixed without hurting too much.
Hugs and Happy Valentines.