Thursday, January 31, 2008

Change of Plans (The YARN Part 2)

Well, I didn't make it to Jean's today as planned. Maddie woke up and said "I can't go to school today". She has had a cold and has said this every day this week, so of course, Mama wasn't playin' that. Hubby felt her head and thought she was warm... sure enough, she did have a mild fever (damn!). Took her to the doctor and everything is fine, so she WILL go to school tomorrow. I know how I feel after a few days with a cold, so I think being home today will definitely help.
Headed to Jean's tomorrow (provided everyone stays healthy). While I was bummed that I didn't make it there, do not think I was not productive. I started the washing process for the 1 ply I have that was already in skeins. Here are some pics:

These are two separate batches of yarn, one is Red Heather, and one is Burgundy Heather. I washed all of them today. Two runs with Tide, and a final rinse with good ol' Suave.Below is after washing and conditioning, but before the spin only cycle.

Next, is after the spin cycle, kinda cool!Next, on the line to dry, a total of 26 skeins. Not a bad afternoon's work, wouldn't you say?I have much more single ply in skeins waiting in the basement, but figured I should only do so much at a time in case it doesn't completely dry outside (there is only so much room in this little house). Looking forward to tomorrow, though I am sure the process is going to drive my nose crazy from the mildew smell. We are just going to be winding all the cones from my previous pics, so that we can wash it, then ply them together. Already getting ideas of what I want to make with some of this, though there is so much, it is a bit overwhelming.


Jean and Carol (another crack dealer - she has sheep, MANY sheep, need I say more), have plyed the samples I gave her, and in Jean's words, it is "quite lovely". She is from England and I love to listen to her talk. No matter what she could be saying, it all sounds so polite and refined - even the time she told me "Don't be daft!" Love it! I feel very lucky to have had our paths cross.

I will hopefully be posting next with pics from Jean's (fingers crossed), though I am hating my camera more and more each time I post. Now I ask you, who is stupid enough to buy a camera that DOES NOT HAVE A ZOOM??? Me and the hubby, that's who - how dumb can you be? Oh well, at least I have an excuse for my crappy pics - who would I blame if I actually had a decent camera =)

No comments: