Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The YARN, Part One

Tomorrow I am off to my wonderful fiber friend Jean's house. I had given her some samples of the YARN I received from my Sis and BIL, and she has proclaimed that it is in fact usable. Of course, there is some work involved, but those of us suffering from this fiber/yarn/knitting addiction do not look at it this way. Observe below -

Here, is some of the yarn, but wait, there's more!


Not so fast, one more!

Okay, the little fur ball to the left is Mikey, not yarn, but you get the idea. After seeing all this, I must confess that this is only maybe 1/2 or less of my entire Virginia haul - yes, that's right, maybe half (probably less). Jean has found a way to get the stink out, and the first step is winding all this stinky stuff into skeins, then a good washing in Tide (two times), with a final conditioner rinse. I am headed to her house to start skein winding tomorrow since she is fully equipped, and I am not. More on my crack dealer, um, I mean Jean, in my next post. I will take some pics of the whole process tomorrow, but since I am not the best, I can't make any promises.

I have just recently found myself unemployed. I won't go into detail regarding the employment situation except to say that you can only allow yourself to be treated unfairly for so long. A part-time job at a yarn store should not be cause for hurt and feelings of being taken advantage of, which was exactly what was happening. I feel I made the best decision for me and my family, and hopefully another door will be opening for me soon. In the meantime, I have plenty to do with this HUGE acquired stash of mine, not to mention the sock stash I've managed to accumulate in a very short amount of time.

I leave you (probably all two of you who read this ;), with a picture of the King - don't ya just wish you were him?








No comments: